May 10, 2016

No Bake Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Squares

I came across this recipe for a no bake peanut butter oatmeal squares.  It was simple enough so I decided to make them.  

While stirring the oats into the peanut butter/honey mix I broke it.  :(  I was bummed because it was one of my favorite spoons.  I guess I'm gonna have to go to Bed, Bath and Beyond and get another one.  haha  

Anyways, while adding the oats I decided to only mix in 2 cups instead of 3.  There's no way 3 cups would have been coated or mixed in.


My husband and I both enjoyed these bars.  Normally, I make balls but I wanted to change it up so these bars were a nice change.

You will need:

1 cup natural peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
2 cups quick oats

Melt the pb and honey until smooth.  Then mix in the oats until everything is combined.  Add foil to a pan.  I used a square brownie pan.  Spray the foil with non-stick spray.  Add the mixture and evenly press down.  Refrigerate until firm.  Cut into squares and store in a tupperware container.  I keep them in the fridge but I'm sure you could leave them in a container on the counter.

I made these bars again this past weekend.  I added some mini chocolate chips because why not.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment