May 10, 2016

Honey Roasted Peanut Butter Granola

My husband loves granola.  I hate buying processed granola from the store.  Most of it has way too much sugar.  I found a few different recipes online to make my own.


Here's the granola going into the oven.

Here's the granola after 35 minutes in the oven.

It was really dark.  I think I shouldn't have left it as long as the original blogger.  I followed the original post exactly.  

I added some peanut butter chips.

My husband shrugged when I asked him if he liked the granola.  He said it's not really crunchy.  I found it to be bland.  I told him that I won't make this one again.  I told him I have some other recipes to try to make.  He said he will still use this up because I made it for him and because he doesn't want to waste it.  That made me happy because I don't like wasting food.


There's two good things about this recipe.

1.  I found out that I love honey roasted peanuts.  OMG....they are so good.  :)
2.  I used coconut oil for the first time EVER.  It's kinda like wax as you spoon it out of the jar.  LOL  I can't wait to use it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment