May 17, 2016

Backyard Chickens Update #10

I saw my chickens this past weekend.

This is their temporary coop they are living in for now.  Melissa has a heat lamp for them for the chilly nights/rainy cold days to keep them warm.

This is the little playpen to keep them in when Melissa doesn't want them wandering around alone.

We opened up the coop.

Inside the coop....




They came right out to explore.

Some came out faster than others.



They immediately went to this big weed flower bush and started eating bugs and flower petals.  They loved it.



This one is one of my favorites.  If I bring her home I think I might name her Buttercup since she's here with some buttercup flowers.  :)  This is an Ameraucana chicken.


This is another favorite of mine.  I think it's a girl....she's soooo little.  She was the last chick to hatch in the batch of eggs.  She's adorable and she's an Australorp.


Chick.....


Here's the littles just wandering around.

Chicken butts


Melissa grabbed one of the chicks that she's pretty certain is a roo.  She was showing me the roo characteristics.  Looks like there might be 5 roos and 5 hens.

Melissa has more eggs in the incubator.  They will be hatching any day now.  She said I can choose some eggs from there if I want.  I might grab 3 (one of each breed) from the first batch and grab 2 later from the second batch.  We will see.  I want to make sure I don't grab any roosters since I'm not allowed to have them.

I did decide that I will be bringing home chickens Memorial Day Weekend.  :)  
Let the countdown begin.

My dining room has all my chicken stuff....

There's a lot of things in the big container that you can't see.  I need to get DE for the dust baths.  I still need to get a rubbermaid container for the flakes too.

Memorial Day weekend will be here soon enough and I can't wait.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment