May 2, 2016

Melissa's Farm Trip 2

I went to Melissa's farm to see the chicks and to hang out for a bit.  I brought my friend a succulent in a cute ceramic pot with rocks and a gnome.  She loved it.

Melissa surprised me with a cute necklace of a baking pan and measuring spoons.  I need to get a picture of it.

We went down to the coop.  The chickens were free ranging.

They were happy to see us because they were hungry.

They were following us around because they wanted to know what was going on.

Melissa gave them some chicken food and they were happy.  You should have heard them talking.

I brought some strawberries tops from some farm fresh strawberries I cut up that morning.  I saved them specifically for the mamas.  They loved them and everyone had to come over and join in.  The australorp (black one in middle) came up to me and pecked my boot.  I think she was thanking me for the strawberry tops.  :)

The chicken chatter is comical and calming.  I love it.

Here's one of the roosters.  He was checking me out or maybe he was showing off.  haha

You can see some of these hens get a lot of attention from the roos.  haha

We went into the coop and found 6 brown eggs. 

We collected them.

Melissa told me I could take them home.  I told her I was going to give these to my mom since I promised her some.

The next day, I got a text from Melissa telling me her missing hen came home with 7 little babies in tow.  Adorable!!!!  :)

I can't wait to go back to the farm to see my little chicken babies and the mama hens.

No comments:

Post a Comment