May 8, 2016

CSA soup

I still had some veggies from my CSA box that I wanted to use up.  I had never made anything with swiss chard before so I went to the interweb for some ideas.  I found a Paula Dean recipe with swiss chard, sausage and white beans.  I figured I would cook it but make it my own by adding some other things to it.  :)

Here's everything in the pot before I mixed up.

I added the broth and then mixed.  MMMMMM

I served this with some corn bread muffins.  Everything was seasoned perfectly.  We loved it!  I will make this again.

I used:

swiss chard (bunch from CSA box, washed and roughly chopped)
sausage
onions (2 small from CSA box)
minced garlic
lettuce (from CSA box, washed and roughly chopped)
large tomato (from CSA box)
black pepper
red potatoes (cooked in baker and sliced up)
chives (cut from my plant)
chicken broth (reduced sodium)
can of white beans (drained and rinsed)
can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
water

First I cooked up the sausage with olive oil, minced garlic and some of the onion.  Once sausage was cooked, I put everything in a big soup pot.  I then added the chicken broth and a little water to make sure everything was covered.  I let it simmer for a while.  It came out fantastic.  The flavors were amazing and I hope there's swiss chard in my CSA box this upcoming week.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment