May 17, 2016

Banana Muffins

My friend, Melissa makes delicious banana muffins and I decided to make them during meal prep the other day.  Melissa told me how she made them using stevia and I couldn't even tell.  Her husband is a diabetic so he has to watch his sugar intake.

I've never used stevia before but I picked some up from the store the other day to give it a try baking with it.



They turned out great.

I didn't make them with the crumb topping.  It's not needed because they are very tasty.

You will need:

1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 bananas mashed
1/3 cup stevia
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp homemade vanilla extract
cinnamon
1/3 cup melted butter

Now that I'm typing this out....I accidentally left out the melted butter.  OOPS.  Didn't even notice the butter was missing.  hahahaha  I didn't make the crumb topping either.  It's on the original recipe.

In a bowl, mix dry ingredients.  In a separate bowl, mix up the wet ingredients.  Mix in the wet to the dry until everything is combined.  Add to a pam sprayed muffin pan.  You will get 10 muffins.  Bake on 375 for 18 to 20 minutes.  Mine were done at 18 minutes.  Let cool in pan for 2 minutes and then move to a wire rack to finish cooling.  Store in an airtight container.

***UPDATE***- I made these again but in a bread form and remembered to add the melted butter and it was so yummy.  Love these!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment