September 18, 2011

Firebirds BLT Salad

I woke up this morning craving Firebirds BLT salad which is what I always get when I go there. (as well as the Chicken Tortilla soup) I asked Nate if he'd want it for dinner tonight and he said what goes in it. I said "bacon, lettuce, tomato and ranch'. He said "sounds good to me". And so I made it. And it tasted EXACTLY like the salad. :)


You need:

Ranch Dressing
Smoked Bacon
Head of Lettuce
Tomatoes (diced)
Black pepper

I baked the bacon in a deep glass dish in the oven at 400 degrees for 10 to 12 min. I also added some minced garlic to the dish to let it bake with the bacon. I chopped the head of lettuce and diced up the tomatoes. Once the bacon is done, let it drain and cool on paper towels then cut it up into small pieces.

When you're ready to eat your salad:

Add the chopped lettuce to a big bowl, add your bacon, tomatoes and some black pepper. Then add ranch dressing. (eye ball it) Mix until well coated with the ranch.

Note: The ranch dressing at Firebirds is a garlic ranch. I couldn't find garlic ranch at the store so I figured to get the garlic flavor that it would be good to cook it in the bacon and it worked perfectly. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment