September 11, 2011

Faberge Egg Exhibit

Kristen, Ashley and me all went to the Faberge Egg exhibit at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts today.


We couldn't take pictures inside the museum (Like when I saw Picasso) but they did have a display at a gift shop so I took some pics of the window display.



Then we walked our way down to the museum.....
There was a lot of eggs, frames, pill boxes, trinket boxes, pendants, cigarette cases, cane handles and more and more pieces. They were all lovely. If you're not familiar with faberge eggs you can read about it on wiki. It was truly something amazing to see these.

After the exhibit it lead you out to a exclusive faberge tourist trap....gift shop. EXPENSIVE little pieces of treasure. There were charms for $100 or more. Um....no thanks. :)

I liked the little pumpkins. :)

There were nesting dolls in the gift shop too. They were adorable. We didn't get one b/c we knew it would be something that would just end up in the next yard sale pile.

After the VMFA we went to Stuzzi.....
We wanted to try a new place that we hadn't been to before. I don't want to really give a bad review but well when you get a white pizza I'd really rather not have burned crust. BLECH!! I don't know if the wood fired oven needs to be cleaned or what but getting anything burned is just not cool in my book. I don't know if the cook was new or if they were just having an off day or whatever but I just won't go there again.

After that we went and got dessert at DeLuca Gelato. I've been here before with Ashley but Kristen had never had gelato before so we had to introduce her to it.

MMMMM :)

Then we hung out at Ashley's place for a bit before going home. It was a nice Sunday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment