September 25, 2011

Via Colori Fredericksburg 2011

This weekend downtown, was Via Colori. It's a paint festival in the streets. Artists use chalk to paint on the street. The radio station took part and Mandie from our promotions department asked for Volunteers. I jumped at the chance because I knew it would be fun and neat. Christal from the station volunteered too with her 2 kids.


The street was closed off. It was a good turn out both days, even with the threat for rain.
I had to work on air from 11 to 4. I stopped by before work and dropped off the station camera and to check on the progress. Christal and her kids are coloring, while Hai (Mandie's hubby) is working on the grid. I also stopped by after work to check in and see if I was needed.

CHALK! :D

Sunday morning, we got some rain even tho we'd covered our painting. Some areas got wet and we had to do a bunch of touch ups and then added some extra things as well.

Meet....American Rock-it! :)

Here's the finished piece. How cool is it? :)

When you checked in you got a big box of colored chalk, a small box of white chalk and a small box of black chalk. Lots and lots of chalk.

Reverie.....I heard the artist mention she was running out of blue chalk.
The picture....

Artist: Melanie Stimmel's piece....



Ice cream cones.......I really like this one.


More chalk!!! :)

These were some others I really liked.....







When I got home I was still feeling artsy so I drew some pumpkins on my driveway. haha :)
It was a great weekend! Sunday evening, we went to Maggiano's in McLean with Nate's work wife Desi. Such a sweet lady! :) We went to a surprise birthday party for the husband (Jim) of Nate's co-worker (Grace). The man turned 75! He was so happy and very surprised. He teared up saying he's never been this surprised in his whole life. Very sweet and nice guy. :)

3 comments:

  1. this is totally not the type of chalk drawings i imagined when hearing about this event. these are so great!! take me next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL We had paint chalk not plain old sidewalk chalk. You can totally come next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun! every april carytown has a chalk the town event where they do this on the sidewalks. people have very fancy and elaborate art work they draw on the sidewalks..so cool!!

    ReplyDelete