September 29, 2011

Banana Cream Pie Cupcakes

If you like bananas then you will go bananas for this. I saw on Betty Crockers facebook page the other day a blog for banana cream pie cupcakes. I talked to a friend (Christal) at work about them. We both thought they looked delish. So, today I decided to make them. :P

You can follow the step by step guide here from CookingwithSugar.com. Get the complete recipe here.

Some of my tips: I added a mashed up ripened banana to the cake mix and I added one to the frosting. The frosting called for banana extract but I didn't have that so I left it out. :D I used reduced fat nilla wafers (taste the same as regular) and I used unsalted butter. :) I brought them to work and well they were devoured pretty quickly. :D YEY!! Huge hit and I will be making these again!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. *adds to river city sweets menu*

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally.....I'm thinking of doing pumpkin pie ones. :D Wanna be my guinea pig?

    ReplyDelete