April 7, 2014

Pineapple Chicken

Last week, I came across a blog for Pineapple Chicken.  It looked delicious and couldn't wait to do my own take on it.  So, I made it for dinner one day last week.  We loved it.


I used chicken thighs (cooked and cut up)
onion
garlic
olive oil
1 fresh pineapple (cut up)
juice from pineapple
bell peppers (cut up)  (I used red, orange and green peppers)
honey
soy sauce
pepper
red pepper flakes
parley flakes


I had cooked the chicken thighs the night before so I just heated them up and then cut them.  In my sauce pan I heated some olive oil and minced garlic.  I added onion and let it cook up for about 2 minutes.  I then added peppers, pineapple, chicken, soy sauce, pineapple juice, pepper, red pepper flakes, parsley flakes, and some honey.  I let it all simmer for about 20 minutes to let everything soak in the pineapple flavor.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment