April 20, 2014

Ikea fun day

Yesterday, my friend Melissa met me at my house and we drove up to IKEA.  She also gave me a dozen of her farm fresh eggs which is perfect because we just ran out of eggs.  I also gave her a bunch of egg cartons that I've been saving for her.  :)

We had some things in mind that we wanted to get and we took our time walking all around the store.

When we got to the garden area we fell in love with a lot of the live plants.  I decided to get a aloe plant because I read on the internet that aloe plants are good to clean your air in your house.  Plus, aloe is awesome.  My dad had one when we were little and he would let us cut from it when we got scrapes or burns and we would put the aloe on the skin.  :)  Melissa got an adorable bonsai tree.  

There were so many fantastic plants like these orchids.  

We stumbled up on this outdoor patio set.  $119 for 4 chairs and a table.  This was so awesome!!!  We sat down in the chairs and they were very comfy.  I could see this on my back deck.

This is such a good deal.  I'm still thinking about getting one for us but I think my husband needs to see it in person to make sure he likes it.

We paid for our IKEA purchases.  

I got:
Children's basket set (for Ellie)
Bead roller coaster (for Ellie)

Melissa picked up some dish towels, bulbs, bowls, bonsai tree and a few other things.  :)

I wanted to go to Old Navy so I remembered how to get there from the last time I went and we found a cute place to have lunch.  We wanted to try something we've never tried before.  
We stumbled upon Zoe's Kitchen!  This place reminded me of Panera but instead of a ton of breads they are really big on pita.  :)
I got the grilled chicken dinner plate.  It came with a grilled chicken breast, roasted veggies (carrots, broccoli, and shrooms).  It also had a little bowl of white beans and they were so tasty.  :)  I practically licked my plate clean.

Melissa got chicken salad with fruit.  It was lettuce with chicken salad on top and surrounded by fruit.  We had a great lunch catching up.  :)

Next we went to Old Navy.  We both picked up a couple of things.  And Melissa decided she wanted the patio set after talking to her husband.  So, we went back to IKEA to get it.  When I saw the box I was concerned it wouldn't fit in my car.  I grabbed the measuring tape and we measured the box and then went back to the car and measured the car.  The box was too big to lay down in the back seat of my corolla.  I popped the trunk and we saw knobs to lay the seats down.  Then we measured the back and there was more than enough room.  YAY!!  Melissa ran back inside and bought the patio set and I drove to the loading dock and we got it in there.  :)  
Now I know if I go back to get one for myself that it would totally fit in my corolla.  :)

We sat in some traffic coming back.  We stopped off at Lowe's where I got some wasp spray, foggers for shed, 2 new pots, and a couple plants.  (Flowers for $3 and a tomato plant)

No comments:

Post a Comment