April 14, 2014

Scrambled Eggs with Bacon Asparagus

I had eggs to use up tonight so I made scrambled eggs for dinner for our protein.  For our veggie I made asparagus and cooked up some bacon to go with it.  :)


Eggs (made into scrambled eggs)
Asparagus
bacon
reduced fat mozz cheese
black pepper
red pepper flakes
parsley flakes
olive oil
pinch of salt
minced garlic


First I put bacon on a foil lined cookie sheet and baked in the oven for 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.  While bacon was cooking I prepped the asparagus.  I washed it and broke off the ends and then cut up the asparagus into pieces.  I added the pieces to a bowl with a tiny bit of olive oil, minced garlic, pepper, red pepper flakes and a little salt.  Mix it till it's coated.  Once the bacon is close to being done heat your skillet with olive oil and minced garlic.  Add the asparagus pieces and cook it up.  When the bacon is done, take it out and drain the strips onto a paper towel.  Once it's cool crumble the bacon up and add to your asparagus that's cooking in the skillet.  Let it cook up for about 10 to 15 minutes.  
Once the asparagus is done go ahead and make your scrambled eggs.  Eggs cook up in no time.  Plate your eggs when they are done.  I like to add black pepper, red pepper flakes and parsley flakes on top.  Plate your bacon asparagus and top with a little bit of mozz cheese.  The flavors together were delicious!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment