April 7, 2014

Chocolate Chip Scone

Last Friday night, I felt like baking something.  I searched my baking board on Pinterest to see if I had anything that was quick, easy and where I had all of the ingredients.  
I found this one for a chocolate chip scone.

Success!  It was yummy!  I did change a few things.  Like using almond milk and unsalted butter.


3 cups all purpose flour
1 tbs of baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 1/4 cup of almond milk unsweetened
1 1/2 tbs of homemade vanilla extract
1/4 cup and 1 tbs of brown sugar
1/4 cup and 1 tbs white sugar
1 cup chocolate chips (I put more than 1 cup)  :)

Mix dry ingredients and cut in the butter.  Add milk and vanilla until combined.  Then fold in the chocolate chips.  Add the scone dough to a baking stone and shape it into a circle.  Add slice marks and bake for 35 to 40 minutes on 350 degrees.  


I served a slice to my husband right after it cooled for a few minutes.  He loved it!  I tried it and it was good but I wasn't a fan of it still warm.  I tried it later once it had set more and cooled way off and it was delicious.  I did notice b/c I added more chocolate chips that most of them sunk to the bottom of the scone.  OOPS!  But that's okay.  :)  I will make these again.  They would be great at a brunch.  :)

*Note:  I used brown sugar and white sugar and wasn't sure the measurement for cutting 3/4 cup and I found that info here.

No comments:

Post a Comment