April 13, 2014

Garden Update: Week 8

Today, is week 8 of my garden.  There's some exciting news to share with my garden.  There's some changes and additions.  Let's get to it, shall we?  ;)

Here's what everything looks like inside.  (Tho I did take the marigolds and strawberries outside after this picture was taken).

Happy plants basking in the sunshine.

Sprouts that need to be re-potted soon.

Now, I'll start with some exciting news to share about my peas.  I carefully pulled the blind up to see how tall these crazy pea plants were getting and I discovered.....

FLOWERS!  :)  YAY!!  Peas will pollinate themselves according to the internet so fingers crossed that I'll get pods soon.  :)

So awesome....

Intertwining themselves....

There's about 4 flowers right now....

Here's my red potatoes.  There are 3 separate plants here.  These will be re-potted this week.  I need to get some more soil.  Still haven't done that.  OOPS!  Once I re-pot these I will most likely put them outside.

Onto the strawberries.....some of the petals have fallen off and a few of the leaves on the bottom are turning yellow.  Not sure why.  I read that it could be from the dirt or maybe being over-watered.  I think once I'm done blogging this I'm going to put them outside.  Maybe they just need some bee lovin' and more sunshine?

Pretty flowers.  I read that it takes 35 days from flower to berry.

I really hope I can get the berries to ripen.  :)

I have new sprouts this morning......Cherry tomatoes!   Yes more of them. :)

Mixed sweet bell pepper spouts getting bigger.

Lavender

I moved my squash and cucumbers outside.  Here's the zucchini which need re-potting soon and then they will go outside and join the others.

No spouts yet on the spaghetti squash.  I'm hoping to see some this week.

Here's a close-up of my green bell pepper.  (I bought this as a starter plant last weekend)

Today, I planted some more seeds.....

Carnival Squash

Watermelon

And sunflowers.  I already have sunflowers outside but they aren't looking too happy so I'm starting over.  I planted the last 3 seeds I had in the seed packet.  I'm determined to get some sunflowers.  :)

Here's the back deck with what is there right now.  Sunflowers, rose bush, squash and cucumber.  (updated picture at end of post)

Here's the cucumber.

Here's the squash.

They are both getting their flowers so I figured it was time to get them outdoors so the bees could help pollinate the plant.

My sad sunflowers.

Rose bush...it has some new stems and leaf growth.  I did add a little soil on top after I took this photo.

Here's the sunny window where my inside plants soak up the sun.

I checked on my apple tree.  I am going to try to make something with these apples this year.  There's lots of buds on the tree.

Pretty and pink


I also noticed an area where I've dumped old dead plants has some spouts.  Not sure what it is yet it could just be a weed but it made me smile.  :)  I'll keep an eye on it and see what grows.

Alright sooooooo I decided to go ahead and put the marigolds and the strawberries outside before I finished this post.  Here's the outside container garden.

And here's a random picture of my little terra cotta pots that I just think look adorable in the shed window sill.  :)












No comments:

Post a Comment