July 5, 2012

Garden Progress- Day 75

Garden progress....Day 75.

See anything different?


Here's my green bell pepper plant.  Still doing good with lots of peppers still growing.  :)


My basil.  I took a few leaves off yesterday.  I rinsed them real good, wrapped them in a paper towel, put them in a ziploc bag and put them in the fridge.  I plan on cutting them up, and freezing them in an ice cube to use later.  Or I might make a basil mayo for my upcoming BLT.  (More on that later)

Tomato plant still doing good.   Some of the leaves on the bottom are dry and yellow but it's not hurting the rest of the plant.

A few tomatoes turning colors...

I think this tomato will be ready this weekend if not tomorrow.  :)

 I got some new flowers.  My last flowers pretty much dried up and I think they were done.  I ran a few errands today and decided to get some marigolds.  I read that marigolds are tomatoes friends.  They help keep bugs away.  So, I wanted to add them to my garden.  I got a new container and once I got home I put them in the new pot.

I also made a new milk watering jug.  I leave the jug filled with water and leave it outside.  The plants like warm/hot water so I figured the jugs could sit in the container garden.  :)


I also have lots of MINT growing out back in front of my shed.  There's a lot.  I might make Mint tea one day to try.  It's just fresh mint and boiling water.  Does anyone need fresh mint?  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment