July 29, 2012

Stuffed peppers with Chicken

I made stuffed peppers for dinner tonight.


To make that way I did you will need the following:

2 large peppers (washed and the top cut off and the seeds taken out)
2 packages of Spanish Rice (90 second packs)
1 package of Chicken shortcuts (heated up and cut smaller)
Bacon Strips (cooked in the oven)
Half an onion (chopped)
Medium size tomato (chopped)
2 small tomatoes (chopped) (These are numbers 18 and 19 from my patio garden)
minced garlic
olive oil
black pepper
pinch of salt
parsley flakes
mozzarella cheese (optional)

Once chicken was heated through, I added it to a bowl with chopped tomatoes and cooked rice.  When bacon was done, I cut it up into pieces and added to rice mix.  I also sprinkled in a little mozzarella cheese.  Set this bowl aside.
Add some olive oil and minced garlic to your favorite cooking pan.  Once the pan is heated, add chopped onion and cooked for about 2 minutes.  Add your rice mixture to your pan, and mix everything together.  Add in some black pepper, pinch of salt, and parsley flakes.

Put your peppers on a baking sheet or place them in a deep dish.  Then, fill your peppers with the rice mix.  Sprinkle some cheese if you'd like on top and bake for about 15 minutes.

I also made some cheddar biscuits to serve with dinner.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment