July 11, 2012

Spotsylvania Farmers Market: Trip 2

Last month, I visited the Spotsylvania Farmer's Market.  I didn't buy anything on that trip.  I just wanted to snoop around and check it out.  It was love at first sight.  So many locally grown foods.  :)

Today, I had $10 cash in my wallet and a 10% off coupon (for C&T Produce booth).  This was my budget.  No more and no less.  :)

Fresh Okra.....this picture is for you K!  :)

 Tomatoes......

Eggplants......

Mixed Sweet peppers.....look at all the purple ones.  :)  They were 2 for $1.

I spent $9.80.  Yep, I came home with .20 cents.  haha  After staying within my budget what do you think is inside my bag?

I got 1 squash, 1 zucchini, huge red bell pepper, big green bell pepper, 2 purple peppers, cherry tomatoes, 2 nectarines, and a chocolate chip cookie.

At the Westmoreland Berry Farm booth I got 2 nectarines.  As I was picking out my nectarines some elderly woman was looking at the peaches.  She told a friend "these must be from South Carolina".  I was about to comment and then thought it wasn't worth it.  Why would you be at a local farmers market with local farmers and think the peaches are from South Carolina?  This farm has it's own orchard.  I highly doubt the peaches are from 2 states away.  Some people really need to think before they speak.  :)

At Nancy's Desserts booth....My chocolate chip cookie was $1.00.  I ate that already.  haha  It was very soft and delicious.  I will def be getting more on another trip.  :)  What I liked about it......it had a little sea salt sprinkled on top.  I loved it!  :)

2 comments: