June 27, 2012

Spotsylvania Farmers Market


I'd been planning to get to the newest Farmers Market in town since it opened back in May.  Today, I got a lot of errands done and it wasn't storming out so I thought today was the day to go.  I got one of the last parking places.  The place was packed!!  I don't think I've ever seen so many people at a Farmers market before.  It was a 'buy fresh, buy local day'.  :)

The first place I saw was a baked goods tent.


Lots of yummy breads....

 The next booth had a huge pile of green beans and tomatoes.

Lots of delicious sweet corn...

Tons of pretty sunflowers....

Look at those tomatoes....

Onions

Aloe plants among others...

Calla Lillies!!  :)  Love these!!

Tomatoes

Eggplants....

Blueberries....


Blackberries....

Peppers and onions.....Look at the purple peppers!  :)

These green bell peppers were in another booth.  They were soooooo big.  You can't really tell from the picture but they were jumbo.  I saw a sign that said $1.00 each.  That's an awesome price considering other another booth was selling jumbos for $2.50.

Small tomatoes....

A sign that tells you what's in season....

More blackberries and blueberries.  This was in the Westmoreland Berry Farm booth.

I love Nectarines.....

Green Tomatoes for frying and cucumbers.  :)

I was there for about 20 minutes walking around, enjoying the fresh air and checking out all the fresh produce.  It was awesome!  At one booth, I did try some pepper jack cheese that was really good.  It was very soft and creamy and it had a little bit of a kick to it.  I didn't buy anything on this trip.  Today, was just to snoop around and check it out.  I will be back though.  I want to get some fresh onions, bell peppers (when I run out....I used up my stock pile of peppers  but I just bought some more the other day that I will freeze again b/c I loved grabbing the pepper bag I needed for dinner and it already being prepped for me).  I also want to get some fresh nectarines or peaches.  :)  Other things I saw while there were tons of plants, farm fresh eggs, ice cream and I saw another tent with fresh baked goods.  I can't wait to visit again and fill up my tote bag with fresh and local goods.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment