June 10, 2012

Garden Progress- Day 50

Today, I went out and inspected my plants.  I wasn't very happy with somethings I saw.  :(


Here's a view from the deck steps looking at plants.  :)


 I've got several tomatoes.  I didn't count them but there are a bunch.  They are doing great.  The plant seems very healthy.  I did notice a lot of spider webs and some little harmless spiders crawling around.  (mainly on the tomato cage)  I'm not a fan of spiders but I know they eat bugs so I will let them protect my tomatoes.  :)

This is the biggest tomato so far.  He's about the size of my fist.  YEY!  :)  I can't wait for them to turn red.



Here's all three plants.  Do you see why I'm sad?


This is day 38 of my green bell pepper plant.  He's just losing more and more leaves each day.  I don't think he's going to get any peppers at all.  :(  I might have to get rid of him.  :(


Here's my red bell pepper plant.  I watered him yesterday (b/c he was looking wilted) and today when I watered he still had a ton of water around him.  I took some more soil and filled in the water hole hoping that would help it.  Maybe I'm over watering?  I'm not sure.  There were several leaves that had fallen off.  :(  I just googled why my leaves are falling off and some people suggested to add a tbsp of epsom salts to the water before you water the plants.  Also, I read to water with warm water and not freezing cold water.  Something else I might need to do is to plant some brightly colored flowers in a pot next to the plants so they help the peppers get pollinated.  (Marigolds or Zinnias)  I might be making a trip to Lowes this afternoon for some flowers and foodlion for some epsom salts.  :)  Cross your fingers for me.  :)


At least my one pepper seems to be good and it still growing.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment