June 24, 2012

Garden Progress- Day 64

Well I'm sad to say but my little red pepper didn't make it.  :(
Yesterday morning I went out and saw that it had rotted so I pulled him off. 


He was a strong little pepper.  He started to turn red but he just didn't make it.


Poor thing.....I was so excited.....but at least I tried.

I decided I would go ahead and dump the dead pepper plants (red and green) and my dead rotted pepper.
From the heavy rains we got the other day this green pepper pot is too full of water for me to dump.  I have to wait for it to dry out a bit then I can dump it.


I cleaned up my patio/deck garden and watered everything.  Boy is it hot outside.  The plants were screaming at me for some water.  Since I took the rotted red pepper plant out of the red pot I added the newer green pepper plant I got a few weeks ago when I got the flowers.  My basil is still doing pretty good.  And I pulled off my first tomato!!  :)

Flowers on the green pepper plant.  Maybe I will have better luck with this one?

Here's a close-up of my first homegrown tomato.  :)  YEY!!  I did it!!  :)

 I have a ton more tomatoes on the plant but they are all still green.

Close-up of the tomatoes....

Tomatoes on the other side of the plant.  :)  I also wiped out all the cobwebs from the pesky spiders that I killed the other day.



No comments:

Post a Comment