June 30, 2012

Wild and Crazy night

We had a huge storm last night with 80 mph winds.  We lost power for almost 12 hours.  The only real damage to our property was our tree in our front yard (which was already dead and needed to come down) fell over.  Poor Tree.  :(

RIP to our already dead tree....

 Looks like the gnomes aren't to happy.  Now their shade is gone.  We need to either dig up the stump or clean it up.  I'd like to put a little door on the stump for the gnomes.  We'll see.

UPDATE:  I just found out the storm that came through here last night is officially called a derecho.  A derecho can produce destruction similar to that of a Tornado.  The damage typically is directed along a relatively straight swath.


My brother borrowed my dads pick-up truck and came over and helped Nate load the truck.  I helped too, with the little branches and twigs.

I moved the gnomes closer to the stump.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment