July 29, 2012

Surprise Party.....

For a year and about 2 months, my husband had been working on a goal to lose weight.  His major goal was to lose 100lbs. Last weekend, while I was in Florida he reached his 100lb weight loss goal.  This is a huge accomplishment for him and I'm so proud.  :)


Nate mentioned a while back that he wanted a party once he got to 100lbs.  So with the help of some close friends, (Kristen and Sharon) we pulled off the surprise party last night.
I messaged family, friends and Nate's coworkers earlier in the week about meeting upstairs at Wegmans at 6pm to congratulate Nate.  So many people came out to tell them how proud they are of him.  :)  To get him to Wegmans without knowing he was getting a party, I pretended he had an interview with the local newspaper.  Kristen and Sharon had what I got from party city (napkins, plates, utensils, trays).  They also got to Wegmans early to get a list of food (sushi, fruit, veggies, cake, water) and to set up the upstairs.  
Little did Nate know that he was walking into a trap.  We stepped off the elevator and he immediately sees balloons and then Kristen.  haha  :)  S-U-R-P-R-I-S-E!


I trusted Kristen and Sharon with my vision and they did an awesome job.  Our friends, Crystal & Eddie came a little early to help set up too.  :)

These trays, we tried to make look like 100.  I think they are awesome and they will come in handy at future cookouts etc.  :)

Here's the cake......Just a simple, "100" on it. :)

Nate hugging and excited to see everyone who was there for him.

Nate and his dad.  :)  Love this picture.  It's so in the moment.

Nate with his Mom, Linda and his brother, Dan.  :)

Nate hugging some girls he used to work with.  He hasn't seen them in quite a long time.  He was so happy to see Brittney.

Nate giving a little speech and telling everyone thanks for their support over the last year.

Kristen printed some of Nate's before and after pictures (picture at top) and put them in frames for the tables.  She also printed this awesome poster with a ton of pictures from his weight-loss journey.  She had it set up for everyone to sign.  Some more signage for the basement in Nate's workout area.  :)

Sharon got these balloons.  You can't really tell from the picture but they are HUGE.  Wegmans didn't really like that we had balloons and I kinda got in trouble, but it's not my fault.  They were a gift.  :P

Thanks again for everyone who helped me pull this off.  And thanks for everyone who's been supporting Nate through his weight-loss journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment