July 24, 2012

Florida 2012

My cousin, Katie got married over the weekend.  She lives in Florida so I decided to make it a weekend trip and flew done to Florida.

I got a car rental (Nissan Versa) from FOX RENTAL after going through a hassle with another company in which I had a reservation.  Fox rental stepped up and helped me.  :)

Anyways, I finally got to my hotel Friday evening.  
 
I had a very nice, clean room.  I loved this hotel and will totally stay here again if I need to.


 My cousin was getting married at the Citrus Tower in Clermont.  You can see the tower off in the distance.

Outside the hotel were lots of palm trees.  I love them b/c we don't have palms in Virginia.  As I was looking at the palm trees there were little lizards running all around.

This little guy would not move and tried blending in with the wood.  :)

After I was settled in at my hotel room, I went to Publix and got some bottled water, 2 donuts, and a yoyo cookie.

I went around the corner to NY Chinese and got General Tso's.  I don't even remember the last time I got Chinese food.  It was so good and I only had to wait like 2 minutes for it.  AWESOME!  :)

My fortune.....


I got this map from the front desk.  As long as I could see the citrus tower I knew where I was.  LOL

Here's the cookie I got from Publix.  It's called a yoyo cookie.  :)

I got 2 donuts from publix as well for breakfast Saturday morning and Sunday morning.

These gossip magazines kept me busy on the plane.  :)  Everything is about Katie and Tom right now.  LOL

Saturday, July 21st was the wedding day!  

Here's a picture of the Citrus Tower.

Here's my cousin and her mom (Aunt Betty, my dads sister) getting ready.

Here's some of the flowers that the grooms Aunt did.

Here's the wedding cake.  The grooms mom made these.

 Here's Katie coming in with her dad (in wheel chair) being pushed by her brother, Matthew.

My Grandparents watching the ceremony.

Saying the vows....

It was a quick ceremony......This picture was kinda a blur buy I liked it.  It shows how happy the newlyweds are.

Here's the reception.....

Head table....

My Grandparents!!  Love them!  :)

Cutting the cake...

There was different flavors.  The slice I got was red velvet.

Palm tree, outside of citrus tower.

Katie and Johnathan coming out to leave.  We all met at Buffalo Wild Wings for a after party.  I stopped in for about an hour and a half and got dinner and chatted with my Aunt Betty and Uncle Mike.

 The next morning, I got up and packed my bag.  Ashley and Daniel accidentally left Greek Bread in my fridge.  I ate a chunk.  It was good.  It was a little sweet and it had almond slivers on top.

I had some time to kill so I drove down to the Showcase of Citrus and walked around and took some pics.





Fake alligator.  :)

Oranges are growing.....but they are green right now.

I stopped on the road next to the place and took pictures of the orange grove.



See the green oranges?

After that I drove back to Clermont and got on Rt. 50 and headed back to FOX rentals to return my car.  I turned it in early b/c I was done and just wanted to go wait at the airport.  Here's my bag as I'm waiting at the airport.  I'm glad to be home.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment