July 28, 2012

Cupcake Bake-off

A few weeks back I saw an electronic billboard for a cupcake bake-off.  I finally found information on it here.  I decided I wanted to do it, so I did.

I decided to make Cookies & Cream cupcakes from a little book I got from Jessica last year for my birthday.  I added a few more crushed cookies to the batter than what the recipe called and I also added a cookie to the bottom of the liner.


Here's the icing which is from the book too.  I added a few more crunched up cookies.  :)


Here's the cupcakes baked and being iced.

How cute?  I wished I'd put a mini oreo on top but I didn't have any so I didn't worry about it.

 Taste test......I tore that cupcake apart.  It was awesome!  The cookies gave it a little crunchy texture but it was good.

For the next cupcake, I made DC Cupcakes Chocolate cupcakes.


Here's the cupcakes done baking and cooling....

For the frosting I used this PB frosting I've used before and love.

I added crushed up peanut butter cups to the frosting and then topped with chocolate sprinkles.

 Taste test:.......this was my favorite of the two.  It's a perfect mix of chocolate and peanut butter.  What's better than that?  :)

I packed up my cupcakes (the best looking ones).  I needed 6 each.

I took them up to the fairgrounds.....


Other cupcakes checked in.

I took a picture of my cupcakes.  The glass cases they are sitting on is where they were going to be put.  The cupcakes in the clear container were a hot mess.  Looks like they were tossed around during travel and they looked melted.  BLECH  I found out the judging was 7/27 at 10am.


I got a free ticket for participating in the cupcake bake-off so I decided to stop by earlier this afternoon to see if my cupcakes placed.



My cupcakes are on the bottom right.  No ribbon.  :(  One weird thing I noticed......every cupcake display has 4 cupcakes.  My PB ones only have 3.  Then I see there are 2 on the top shelf for another kind which has a ribbon.  I'm guessing the judges liked them and ate more than they should have???  I still think the PB ones should have gotten a ribbon.

Yeah I took this picture with purpose.  :P


Here was the best in show.  Done by a 10 year old girl.  Pretty cute.

Now you know I can't go somewhere without seeing the SHEEP!  :)


The animal barns were soooooooooooooooooooo hot.  All the sheep, pigs, rabbits and chickens were panting.  :(  Have you ever seen a chicken pant?  It's so sad.  Poor things.

This little piggy seemed content laying out in his water trough.  LOL  :)

Love tractors....they remind me of my Grandpa Runyon.

I pretty much left after that.  It was way too hot outside so I got out of there.

No comments:

Post a Comment