July 6, 2012

Freezing Fresh Basil

I found this tip, on freezing basil.  I have a lot of basil ready on my basil plant and I needed to do something with some of it.  

After your leaves have been washed.
                                     


I used my IKEA kitchen shears to cut up the basil.  Then I filled an ice cube tray with some cold water.

I put about a tsp of basil in each cube.

Basil in the cubes.  I put the ice tray in the oven and am waited for the cubes to freeze.  Once they are frozen I will take them out of the tray and put them in a freezer bag to have for later use.  The frozen basil cubes will keep for about a year.

UPDATE:

After the cubes are frozen, turn them out onto a paper towel.


Then place them in a freezer safe ziploc bag.  Add the cubes to soups etc when you want to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment