July 1, 2012

Seven Oaks Lavender Farm

A few weeks ago,  I came across this website: Seven Oaks Lavender farm.  The other day I pinned the farm on pinterest on my board 'places to go'.  I noticed the lavender season was ending July 3rd.  I figured if I wanted to go, it would have to be either Sunday (today) or Monday.  This morning, when Nate and I woke up I asked him to go on a road trip with me.  He agreed!  YEY!!  I was so excited.  :)  We drove out to the farm which was about 40 minutes or so from our house.

Cute sign at the entrance to the farm...


Sign letting you know they are open...


This is the lavender shop....


Sign on shop....


This is the only picture I took of the inside of the shop.  There was a lot of lavender related items.  And the smell of lavender is just beautiful.  There was candles, fabrics, lotions, soaps, sachets, and more.  :)  We had to pay a $6 entry fee.

Cute sign outside of shop....

You have to walk over to the lavender field....

 You can tell that lavender season is just about over.....not much left.

Some lavender plants for sale....

If you plan to cut some lavender then you grab a basket and a pair of scissors....



One of the workers at the lavender field said they plant 4 different types of lavender.  Who knew there was different types.  The only type left was the french variety called Grosso.  :)


 I cut 12 stems.  They are normally .12 cents a stem but since the season is just about over they were .6 cents a stem.

 You had to watch out for bees.  There was a bunch of bees and butterflies.

Here's a close up of my lavender stems....






 After the lavender farm we starting heading home.  Nate mentioned seeing a sign for a flea market and I said  "let's go check it out" and we did. 



There was nothing there for us though so we got back in the car and headed home.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment