July 12, 2012

Stuffed Pepper Soup


I came across this recipe for Stuffed Pepper Soup and decided to make this for dinner, of course changing things for my own preference.  :)


Chicken breasts (4 cooked, and cubed)
1 red bell pepper
1 purple bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
2 cans stewed tomatoes
1 small onion
1 can tomato sauce
1 can chicken broth (reduced sodium, fat free)
minced garlic
Italian seasoning
black pepper
red pepper flakes
parsley flakes
olive oil
salt (optional, I did not use any)
2 90 second packs of whole grain brown rice

First, I cooked my chicken breasts.  Once they were done, I cut them up into cubes.  I then cut all my peppers and my onion.  In a skillet, I heated up a little bit of olive oil with minced garlic.  I cooked the onions for about 2 minutes and then cooked the peppers for about a minute.  I then sprayed my crock pot with some non-stick spray and turned it onto warm.  I added my chicken, peppers/onion, then the stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce and chicken broth.  I cooked my 90 second rice packs and mixed it in to the crock pot.  I then sprinkled in Italian seasoning, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and parsley flakes.  I kept my crock pot on warm for 8 hours b/c I didn't want it to burn on low or high while we were both at work.  We both got home to the house smelling WONDERFUL.  It's a very healthy dish that didn't take much effort to make.  And the best part....I have some leftover for dinner tomorrow night.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment