March 27, 2016

Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding

My BFF, Kristen has made Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding plenty of times for gatherings.  It's that good and everyone loves it.  :)

I made it for Easter dinner with the in-laws.  There wasn't much left by the time everyone got a helping.  My father-in-law asked to keep the last little bit so I put it in some tupperware for him.  :)



The recipe says to use a 13x9 pan but I thought it would look great in a trifle dish.  I asked my bestie if she thought that would be good and she said YES!  So, I went with the trifle and it worked perfectly.

I had some cookies left over so I crushed them up real good and sprinkled on top.

And I kept 5 cookies to place on top.  :)

To make you will need:

-2 bags of pepperidge farms chessmen cookies
-6 to 8 bananas (I used 8....sliced)
-2 cups milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
-1 5oz box of french vanilla pudding (could only find regular vanilla 5.1 oz box so that's what I used)
-1 8oz pkg cream cheese (less fat)
-1 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
-1 12 oz container of  cool whip (I used lite)

In a bowl combine the milk and the pudding mix until blended.  In another bowl mix the cream cheese and condensed milk.  Fold whipped topping into cream cheese mix.  Then mix in the cream cheese mix to the pudding mix.  Put in fridge to thicken up a bit while you open cookies and cut bananas.  Then layer your cookies and bananas in your dish.  Pour some of mix on cookie/banana layer and keep layering until you use up cookies, bananas and pudding mix.  :)  Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Since I used almond milk in place of the milk I did tell everyone that it was made with almond milk just in case anyone had an almond allergy.  I also said "you will not notice the difference" and you don't.  This tastes good and is the perfect dessert after dinner.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment