March 20, 2016

Homemade Greek Yogurt Blueberry Muffins

My friend, Gayle made some of these muffins for the last work food swap we did last month.  I loved them so much that I got the recipe and made them myself.
You will need…..
1/3 cup milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (or 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil)
1 6oz container of greek fat free honey vanilla yogurt
1 egg
1 3/4 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp lemon zest (I did whole lemon)
1 tbsp lemon juice (I did whole lemon)
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (or more)
To make.  Heat over to 400 degrees.  Grease bottom or line your muffin trays.  You can do large muffins, regular or mini.  You decide.  :)  In a large bowl, with a whisk or fork beat the milk, applesauce, yogurt and egg.  Then stir in remaining ingredients except the blueberries.  Mix until everything is moist and combined.  Gently stir in the blueberries.  Divide the batter evenly among muffin cups.  Bake for 16 to 18 minutes until golden brown.  Mine took 16 minutes for 12 regualr muffins.  Cool for 5 minutes in tray and then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
25384345076_36e3c99099_z
They are really good to have one for a quick go to breakfast or a snack.  I like to warm mine up in the microwave for a few seconds.  :)
24779921884_b27141c9ac_z

No comments:

Post a Comment