December 8, 2014

Homemade Funfetti Cupcakes

I decided to make some cupcakes for my husband, BFF and BFF's husband for their birthdays.

A sneak peak.....it involved sprinkles.

My BFF loves funfetti cake so I figured I would bake some homemade funfetti cupcakes.

Cake batter I got from this blog.

3/4 cup unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks)
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp homemade vanilla extract
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/4 cups almond milk
1 cup sprinkles

I mixed the dry ingredients into a small bowl.  Mix the wet ingredients into a bowl and mix in the dry until everything was combined.  Add in the cup of sprinkles.

Mixing in the rainbow sprinkles.

I baked the cupcakes on 350 for about 15 minutes until my cake tester came out clean.

Cute cupcakes.  I got 12 cupcakes and a small cake.  I didn't feel like making more cupcakes.

I made my own buttercream frosting.  I used this blog as a guide.  

Easy Buttercream Icing  (half recipe)

1/2 cup unsalted butter
2 cups powdered sugar
3 tbsp almond milk
1/2 tsp homemade vanilla extract

I made white icing and then I made some chocolate.  I just added a little cocoa powder and vanilla buttercream to another bowl and mixed until it was to my liking.  I also added a few sprinkles on top of icing.  :)

Here's a chocolate frosted cupcake.

I put a candle in Nate's cupcake and sang him Happy Birthday.  :)

Here's everything in an Instagram.

Over the weekend I saw my sister and brought her some cupcakes to enjoy.  She gave one to my niece and she liked it.  I love that she's wearing cupcake jammies while eating her cupcake.

No comments:

Post a Comment