August 15, 2014

Zucchini Taco Boats

I came across this blog on Pinterest on zucchini taco boats, so it inspired me to make my own for dinner last night.  Here's the result.......sooooo yummy!  I didn't even miss the taco shells.

I used my own homemade taco seasoning for the lean turkey meat.  I'm almost out.  Gotta make more.

I decided to add some black beans to my zucchini taco boats.  I drained and rinsed them.

To make:

First you need to prep your zucchinis.  Wash them real good.  Then cut of the ends and cut them in half lengthwise.  Depending on the size of the zucchini's it's one zucchini per person.  I had 2 large zucchini's.

Once cut, put them on a foil lined baking sheet.  I did add a little pam spray to the foil so nothing that spilled out would stick to the foil.  As you can see my cutting wasn't perfect on the bigger zuke.  OOPS!  That's okay though, it will still get eaten.

Scoop out some of the middle of the zucchini boats and put into a bowl.  Set aside.  I'll tell you what to do with this soon.  Nothing goes to waste!  :)

Here's the scooped zucchini ready to be filled with whatever you want.

I added some fresh corn on the cob, and black beans to the bottom and then I added taco meat.

After that, I added some fresh pico de gallo on top and sprinkled some cheese.  I put them in the oven at 350 degrees and baked them for about 20-30 minutes or until the zucchinis are tender.

Here's a finished zucchini taco boat.  How delicious does it look?  I am going to be making these again.  So yummy and so easy!  It's even easier if you cook the meat and prep the veggies ahead of time so you can just assemble it all the day you make them.

Now you can put the scooped zucchini in the fridge and use it for something else later.  Or do what I did and put the extra taco stuff in the skillet and cook it up and serve it on the side.

I added the rest of the pico de gallo, black beans, taco meat, scooped zucchini, corn and some pepper and salt to the pan and let it heat up together.  Once done add some cheese on top.

Enjoy!  :)

Don't want zucchini tacos?  How about zucchini pizza?

No comments:

Post a Comment