August 17, 2014

Farmers Market- 8/16

Yesterday morning, I got up super early so I could get my errands done and then go to my parents for my dad to change my oil and filter on my car.  I'm so lucky that my dad takes care of my vehicles for me. 
I'm glad he enjoys doing it for my siblings and I.  :)

I got to my favorite farmers market at 8:30amish.  I had $50 in cash and a list.  I wasn't planning on spending the full $50.  Whatever I didn't spend I would use on groceries.  

Here's my list:

I got everything on the list!  I spent $34.75 leaving me with $15.25.  I don't think I've spent that much at the market before.  But I got a lot of yummy stuff.  When I got to my car, I put everything in my farmers market box so I could see everything I got spread out.  :)

Look at all the beautiful colors!!  :)

On Thursday, this past week my friend at work hooked me up with  some farm fresh corn on the cob, squash and one zucchini.  YAY for free produce!!  :)

I cooked the odd man out ear of corn in my zucchini taco boats.  I froze the other 2 cobs whole to make later.  For the zucchini and squash I used my veggetti.  I love it!!  If you don't have one...you need it.  Well that's if you eat a lot of veggies like I do.  It's the best 'as seen on tv' product yet.  At least for me.  You can buy yours from the official site or from bed bath and beyond.  I used a coupon and got 1 for $10.98.

I have some ideas to make a lean turkey spaghetti sauce and cooking up these 'noodles' and having spaghetti.  PASTA FREE!!  :)  I also think I might saute some of the 'noodles' and serve with some chicken and pesto sauce.  Besides squash and zucchini, you can use the veggetti for cucumbers, carrots, and potatoes.  :)  The possibilities are endless.  I love it!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment