August 19, 2014

Potato Philly Cheese steaks and Butternut Squash Fries

Dinner tonight was superb if I may say so.  I was inspired by these Philly Cheese Steak Potato Skins.  I did my own take on them and they turned out great.  I even made a healthy side to go with them.

Here they are......Potato Philly Cheese steaks and butternut squash fries.

You will need:

Shaved Steak or Deli Roast beef (I bought a shaved steak in the meat department)
onion (chopped)
steak seasoning (I used monreal streak seasoning)
parsley
black pepper
mushrooms (optional)
green onions (optional)
bell peppers (optional)
sea salt
olive oil
potatoes (I used 5 medium farm fresh potatoes)
cheez wiz (or which ever cheese you prefer)


I cooked up the meat 2 days ago so I wouldn't need to do it tonight.  I just added the meat into my pan and cooked up with some onion, steak seasoning, parsley and black pepper.   You can add to your meat as it's cooking any other ingredients you may want, like mushrooms, or bell peppers.

When I got home tonight, I heated up the beef and baked the potatoes.  I cleaned the potatoes and put them in my pampered chef baker with some sea salt and olive oil and cooked them in the microwave.  Once the potatoes are done, cut them in half.  Scoop out some of the potato flesh from the middle.  Put the flesh in a bowl and save for a future dish.  You don't want it to go to waste.  Back to the potatoes......Add a little wiz or regular cheese in the bottom of the potato, then meat, then some wiz/cheese on top.  Bake in the oven at 400 degrees until cheese in melted.  5 to 10 minutes.  Once you take out sprinkle on top parsley flakes or green onions.



Now moving on to the healthy side.......

On Sunday, I did a bunch of food prep and cooking so I wouldn't have to do much this week after work.  One of the foods I prepped was my farm fresh butternut squash.  I cut some up in cubes (for later use) and others in long strips to make fries.  I wanted to make Butternut Fries which was inspired by these Baked Sriracha Butternut Squash Fries.  Talk about delicious!  My husband even liked them.  Here's how I made my healthy fries.

To Make:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Butternut Squash (peeled, seeded and cut into long strips)
olive oil
black pepper
salt
red pepper flakes
parsley flakes

In a bowl, mix everything until coated.  Add your 'fries' onto a pam sprayed cookie sheet.  Pop them in the oven and let them bake up.  I had them baking while I was fixing the potato cheese steaks.  Turn them over after about 10 to 15 minutes.  Then let them continue baking.  I kept them in the oven when I added the potato philly's and then took everything out at the same time so it would all be hot.


No comments:

Post a Comment