August 17, 2014

Mini BBQ Pork Sliders

For dinner tonight, I made Mini BBQ Pork Sliders.  They were inspired from this blog.  The original blogger used soda.  I didn't want to use soda so I figured beef broth would be fine.  The soda is to tenderize the pork, but I felt the broth would do just the same.

Here's the little slider.  :)

These are very good.  

You will need:

Pork Tenderloin
1 onion  (chopped)
BBQ sauce
Beef Broth (reduced sodium)
salt
pepper
W sauce
soy sauce
parsley flakes

To make:

Spray your crock pot with some pam spray.

Take the pork tenderloin and cut it in half.  I poked holes in it with a fork so that all the juices would soak through the pork while it was cooking.  I put the chopped onion in the crock pot and then the pork loin on top.  I added everything (eyeballed it all) and mixed well.  I set the crock pot on high and let it cook for 6 hours.  After 6 hours turn off the crock and shred the pork.  It will be very tender and will shred very easily.

I served the pork sliders on mini slider wheat buns.  For the sides, I served some leftover maple-roasted butternut squash and carrots, and farm fresh green beans.

YUM!  :)  Another dish to keep for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment