August 13, 2014

3 Homemade Chocolate Cupcakes

I made my own birthday cupcake the other night.  I didn't want to make a dozen cupcakes and have them in my house so I found a recipe that made 3 cupcakes.  The original blog says you can make the cupcakes in the microwave.  I didn't, I decided to bake them in the oven.

Here's what my cupcake looked like after I frosted it and added some sprinkles.  How cute eh?


I added a candle, lit it and my husband sang happy birthday to me.  :)

Yummy!  It was moist and delicious.

You will need:

2 tbs unsalted butter (soft)
1 egg
1 tbs oil
1 tbs unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp homemade vanilla extract
pinch of salt
2 tbs unsweetened cocoa
2 tbs flour
1/8 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup chocolate chips

To make:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a bowl, mix the butter, egg, oil, milk, and sugar, vanilla extract until combined.  Set aside.  In another bowl, mix salt, cocoa, flour, baking powder together with a fork.  Slowly beat the dry mix into the wet mix.  Once mixed add in the chocolate chips.  In a cupcake pan, spray 3 cups with non-stick spray.  Pour batter evenly into the 3 cups.  Bake on 350 degrees for about 12 to 15 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.  Cool cupcakes on cooling rack.  While cupcakes are cooling you can make your icing.  I did make the icing from the blog.  I followed recipe exactly and it came out really runny.  I'm not sure what happened.  I didn't like it at all.  I dumped it out and decided to use some store bought frosting I had in the pantry.

No comments:

Post a Comment