August 25, 2014

Farmers Market- 8/23

Saturday morning, I woke up with a sore throat, headache, slight fever, and just feeling blah.  :(  I believe it's a head cold.  I got up and got ready to go because I had to meet some coworkers at the mall for an event we had to do.  I left a little early so I could hit up the downtown farmers market to get some farm fresh veggies.  It was a cloudy, rain any minute kinda morning so it wasn't busy at all at the time I got there.  I haven't been to this market in some time.  The layout is a little different b/c they closed off a section of the main street which lets the vendors spread out.  I love the new look.  So much better to walk around and not trample upon anyone or trample upon strollers. 

I walked to my favorite vendor first and loaded up my tote bag with a ton of farm fresh goodies.  I spent a total of $12.15 on my debit card.  :)

I then walked around to each vendor to see what they had.  This farmer had some really cute packaging and lots of beautiful colors!  I like that this farm is all organically grown.  It's Blenheim Organic Farms.

I loved this.  It's a salsa kit.  Everything you need to make some fresh homemade salsa.  I was temped to buy a kit but decided not to.

These sunflowers made me smile.  :)

I walked back towards my car and found a vendor that had celery and broccoli.  I had $5 cash in my wallet.  The celery was $2 for the whole stalk and the broccoli was $2 per pound.  My total for the celery and broccoli came to $4!  My total produce amount came to $16.15 for all my farm fresh veggies for the week!

I then went to the mall and took my veggies inside with me.  I didn't want to leave them in the hot car.

Here's everything I got.

1 butternut squash (my new obsession)
3 huge green peppers
2 huge carrots
green beans
1 white onion
2 yellow onions
2 large zucchini
2 small zucchini
2 small squash
celery stalk
2 broccoli bundles


$16.15 well spent!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment