August 3, 2014

Garden Tomato and Onion Bake

Last weekend, I saved my beef stake tomatoes from my garden.  The plant was dying and I didn't want my tomatoes going with it.

I picked them all.

I set the toms in my kitchen window.  I had 8 in total.

In just a few days, they began ripening.

This morning, I checked over the tomatoes.  Out of the 8 I only had 6 good ones.  I threw out the two bad ones and  I washed the others real good.

I figured I could make some sort of tomato bake with them.  I'd seen some different ones on pinterest even pinning some myself.  I didn't use a recipe today though.  I just threw stuff together that I knew would be good together.  Sometimes that makes the best meals.  :)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  I sliced up my tomatoes, sliced up an onion and cut up some andouille (new orleans style) sausage links.  I mixed them in a bowl with some minced garlic, olive oil, red pepper flakes, black pepper and parsley flakes.  I added the mixture to a pam sprayed pie dish.  I covered it with foil and baked on 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.

I pulled the tomato bake out and then took the foil off.  I added some tomato sauce and sprinkled mozzarella cheese on top.  I then sprinkled some black pepper and parsley flakes on top of cheese.  I put it back in the oven and baked for about 20 minutes until cheese was melted.  (uncovered)

Once it was done this is what it looked like.


Serve hot.  Enjoy!  :)

My husband enjoyed it.  He even got 2 slices of bread and soaked up the sauce with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment