June 15, 2014

Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes

Last weekend, my BFF made cupcakes that were soooo yummy and that had zucchini in them.  They were chocolate zucchini cupcakes!

I bought 2 zucchinis from the produce stand on Friday just for this!  I also used a little zucchini that I picked from my own garden.  :)

I mixed up the cake batter.  It was sooooo delicious!  This will probably be my chocolate cake recipe from now on.  I don't want to use the box mixes anymore.

Here's a perfect little cupcake.

And now with frosting.

I cut into the cupcake so you could see.

You can see the little specks of zucchini.

These are divine!!  Very tasty!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine the dry ingredients into a bowl:
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon

In another bowl, cream together:
1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 3/4 cup sugar

Add to creamed mixture:
2 eggs
1 tsp homemade vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)

Mix in dry ingredients into the creamed mixture until combined.

Grate 2 medium size zucchinis.  (with peel)   (2 cups)

Fold the grated zucchini and a couple handfuls of chocolate chips into batter.

Pour batter into whatever baking pan you're using.  (pam spray pan)

No comments:

Post a Comment