January 22, 2017

To Die For Blueberry Muffins/ Loaf



My husband said the one day that he wanted blueberry muffins.  I asked my BFF if she could send me the recipe she uses to make her blueberry muffins from scratch.  They are called To Die For Blueberry Muffins.  Now instead of muffins, I went the lazy route and just put the batter in a loaf pan.  Sometimes standing there putting batter in the muffin cups is just too tedious for me.  haha  Doing a loaf is the same thing, just a different form and takes about an hour.  🙂
Here’s the recipe if you are hankering for something with blueberries now.  🙂
You will need the following:
For the Crumb topping (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners or grease a loaf pan.  I greased a loaf pan.
  1. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. (To be honest, I put all the dry ingredients in the bowl and mixed with a fork.  Then I added everything else into the middle and mixed until combined.)  After it’s mixed well go ahead and fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups or loaf pan right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
  2. To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins/loaf before baking.
  3. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.  If you’re baking a loaf, then about 1 hour.

We both loved this.  I will def make this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment