July 24, 2015

Varekai by Cirque du Soleil

On Wednesday, my friend, Allie at work asked what I was doing that night.  I told her nothing and she told me she had an extra ticket to see Varekai by Cirque du Soleil at the EagleBank Arena (formally Patriot Center).  She got some free tickets from a friend that couldn't use them.

I told Allie, YES!  I've always wanted to go to one of these shows.  When my husband and I were in Vegas many years ago, we missed out seeing a show because my husband wanted to focus on the wedding gig he had.

Anyways, Allie packed me a dinner in a brown bag so when I met at her house I could grab the bag and just eat in the car.  She packed me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, chips, little piece of lemon cake and a bottle of water.  She's such a mom.  haha  :)

Allie's friend Kim and Kim's daughter joined us.

We got to the arena.  Allie knew a secret area to park in since she went to the college there.  It's nice to know people.  haha  
(This parking place was perfect too because we had really no traffic exiting the lot).

We got our tickets scanned and found our seats.  I was sitting next to a little girl and her father.  They were so cute.  The little girl (who was 9) was so excited watching the show.  She was adorable.


A small performance started before the main act.

Then the big show started.  The magicians were hilarious.  They were killing time as stuff was being set up.  The performers were all so talented and so very flexible.  haha  I could never do any of the stuff they were doing.  I don't know how the keep their balance or not get dizzy.  I highly recommend that in your life time you see at least one Cirque du Soleil show.  They are remarkable.

We were told we couldn't take pictures.  I did snap this at the end as the performers were bowing.  Everyone was taking pictures so I figured it was okay.  LOL

We had a blast.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment