July 20, 2015

Baking for the Caroline Fair 2015

I got up early to do some baking on this day.  (Sunday, July 5th)  I had some baking to do because I was entering my goods in a fair.  :)

I pulled out everything from the pantry that I needed and got to baking.

First up was "Just like Doris Coleman's brownies".  This was a particular recipe that you had to follow exactly.  It called for Hershey's Cocoa.

I mixed it up according to the recipe.

It's ready for the oven.

Next up, was my homemade banana bread.

It came out perfect!

Then I made my chocolate chip cookies.  :)

I only put 6 on a cookie sheet at a time so I could make sure none of the cookies baked into each other.

Beautiful cookies.

I made a frosting for the brownies and I added some finely chopped pecans and walnuts to the top.  These turned out great!

I then put everything on their show plates.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Just like Doris Coleman's Brownies

Homemade Banana Bread

I bagged it all up and headed to the fairgrounds.



I checked my baked goods in and left with my fingers crossed.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment