My husband and I decided to make a bunch of different pure extracts. My pure vanilla extract is very popular and we figured it was time to re-brand and add a variety of different extracts.
We ran some errands to pick up supplies we needed.
-grapes (I wanted to eat) :)
lemons, oranges and coconuts.
My husband worked on the coconuts while I worked on zesting lemons.
I cleaned them all first.
Then got right to zesting.
Look at all the lemon zest. :)
Success! I made 2 batches of my vanilla extracts the night before. Here's a picture of the vanilla, lemon, orange, and coconut extracts.
The next day, Nate and I had a lunch date at Ruby Tuesday. Nate wanted to take me to lunch to celebrate my ribbons I got at the fair. :)
My plate. We both got the salad bar. :) So yummy. I love the croutons. :)
After lunch we picked up a few groceries we needed for the week. We also got some almonds and spearmint to make small batches of some more extracts.
I have everything stored in my extract cabinet. It's just a cabinet in my basement bathroom that stays dark and cool. :)
We wanted peppermint but it's hard to find. I went to Lowes to look at plants the other day and there were plenty of peppermint plants. I picked up 4 plants. I plan on growing them. I'll pick off some of the leaves and make a batch of peppermint extract with them.
Nate redesigned the labels asking me what I liked and didn't like along the way. They turned out great and they look so cute.
I can't wait till all the extracts are done brewing so I can get them all bottled and labeled etc. :)