July 30, 2015

2015 Garden Update- #30

Last weekend, after I worked (remote), I came home and did some gardening.  It was so hot out.  So, I did some and then took a break.

  Nate and I decided to have lunch at Outback.  We had a $50 gift card so win, win.  Afterwards, we picked up a few groceries at the store and came home. 

When we got back, I decided to do some more gardening.  I had some dead plants I'd already cleared but needed to put in a trash bag and then of course wash the pots.  I needed to pot some plants as well and just sweep the deck.

Here's my poor little aloe plant.  Putting it outside was a bad idea.  Ever since I repotted the guy, it just wasn't happy.  I don't know if it wanted better dirt, more water or more sun.  Or maybe it had too much?  I'm not sure.  I do know next time I go to IKEA, I will pick up a newbie.  :)

Here's all the dead plants.   Some are dollar flowers I got from lowes.  They held on a long time for only being one dollar.

I bought some petunia's and peppermint plants last time I was in lowes.  I needed to pot them so I did that after I cleaned up the dead plants and did a little rearranging in the container garden.

Here's a very happy peppermint plant.

Petunias

I have a scallop zucchini.  I love these.  It's a blend of scallop squash I grew from seeds.  :)

My broccoli is turning kinda yellow.  :(  I was so happy it was growing too.  Maybe it was only gonna be a tiny guy and needed to be harvested already?

Squash ball


I harvested some cherry toms and a green bean.

Squash and tomato

Purple bean

I have lots of bell peppers growing.

Sunflower



So pretty

More cherry toms

And finally here's the garden after the clean up.  WHEW

No comments:

Post a Comment