September 2, 2014

Zucchini Pizza Bake

I wanted pizza tonight but I wanted a healthier pizza.  

I made a Zucchini Pizza Bake that I just put together in my head while menu planning this morning.

I love zucchini and I love making different versions of my favorite meals with zucchini.  I have made zucchini pizza boats so I know how well zucchini pizza taste.  But instead of boats I figured I'd chop up the zukes and bake it up all together.  Why not?  :)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

You will need:

zucchini (2 large)
pizza sauce (homemade or store bought)
reduced fat mozzarella cheese
turkey pepperoni
black pepper
parsley flakes
red pepper flakes

I used 2 big zucchinis I bought today from the farm stand.  I washed them real good and then cut them up into bite size pieces. I put them in a bowl and mixed in a jar of pizza sauce.  I also mixed in a few chopped up pieces of turkey pepperoni.  I then added the zuke mixture to my pampered chef baker.  I put a layer of pepperoni, then cheese and more pepperoni on top.  I baked in the oven for 20-25 minutes.  Once done, I sprinkled some black pepper, parsley flakes and red pepper flakes on top.  Serve immediately.

It was just what I wanted and my pizza craving went away.

Delicious

It tastes just like pizza but without the crust.  My husband really enjoyed it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment