September 7, 2014

Sunday Frittata

I threw together a frittata yesterday afternoon.  I baked it up and we had some for lunch today.  I told my husband he can have some for breakfast or take some slices to go for lunches till it's gone.  I had eggs I needed to use up and a frittata is the best way to use up those eggs.  And you don't need a crust so you save calories on that.  :)

Looks how delicious it is.

It's so yummy.  You can eat your slice with a dollop of fat free sour cream or eat it plain.

Up close and personal.  :)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

I used:

eggs (I used 10)
2 bell peppers (chopped)
1 onion (chopped)
bacon bits
andouille sausage (chopped)
minced garlic
parsley flakes
red pepper flakes
pepper
salt
nutmeg
ginger (by accident....but it works well)

You can add all of your 

sour cream (optional for when you eat it)

Mix everything up together real good and pour into your pam sprayed pie dish.  I put bake pie dish on a cookie sheet.  Bake for about an hour or until it's set and toothpick comes out clean.  I did put my metal pie plate ring around the edges once I saw the edges were done cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment