September 7, 2014

Pumpkin and Banana Ice Cream

I felt like making something else with pumpkin yesterday.  I found a pin for a blog with Clean Eating Pumpkin Ice Cream.  Sounds good eh?  The recipe was easy enough and I had everything I needed.  

I made it but things didn't go so well.  I'll explain.

First you have to slice up and freeze 4 bananas.  I did that in the morning.  The blogger says to freeze overnight.  Mine were frozen pretty good by the evening.  So, I put the frozen banana slices into my mini food processor to blend.  WARNING:  I guess the mini isn't good for things like this.  :(  
It burned out just as most of the bananas were done blending.  I had to use my blender to finish blending and now my mini is in the trash.  :(

I used:

4 frozen sliced bananas
1 cup pumpkin
sugar free syrup
almond milk unsweetened (optional)
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Once everything was blended here's what it looked like.  You are supposed to put in a freezer safe container and freeze 24 hours.

I pulled it out this afternoon (24 hours later) and it's as hard as a rock.  I wanted creamy.  BOO!!!  
I microwaved for a minute and then put in fridge.

I was finally able to scoop some ice cream out.

It's good but not my favorite.  I could take it or leave it.




I don't know why the bananas have to be frozen before you blend???  I would think you could blend them up while they are soft.  I'm thinking if I try making this again then I will mix in some homemade vanilla extract, and maybe some cinnamon too.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment