September 23, 2014

Zucchini Ziti

I wanted ziti but without the ziti noodles so I came up with my own take of using zucchini as the ziti.  It worked out perfectly.  I know how good zucchini tastes in pasta dishes so I knew ziti would be good to try too.

Zucchini Ziti

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

I used:

2 zucchini, washed and chopped
1 pound lean ground turkey (cooked with pepper, Italian seasoning and some W sauce)
onion (chopped)
Reduced fat mozzarella cheese
spaghetti sauce
pepper
salt
Italian seasoning

Cook your meat, once done drain it and then mix everything together except for the cheese.  Once it's mixed well, add to a baking dish.  Sprinkle cheese on top.  Then add some pepper and parsley on top.  Then bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes on 350 degrees.

To go with the ziti......I got some breadsticks from the Target bakery.  They were on Target Cartwheel.  It was the Archer Farms Take and Bake.  They look like Olive Garden breadsticks.  I baked them in the oven for about 8 minutes.  Then I brushed on some melted unsalted butter and sprinkled on some garlic salt and parsley flakes.  They were really good!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment