September 7, 2014

Spaghetti Squash Mac and Cheese

This is what I had for dinner tonight.........Spaghetti Squash Mac n Cheese with broccoli and chicken.  I got the idea from this blogger.

It was meh.  :(  My husband was okay with it but he said it needed more cheese.  He loves his cheese.  It was okay and we still ate it.  (no wasting food in this house)  It's not something I will try to make again anytime soon though.  I felt it was hard to mix everything together because the spaghetti squash just clumps up so easily.

Here's a picture.  (I sprinkled a little bit more cheese on top after I took out of oven)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

I used:

chicken breast (baked, serve on side or chop up and add to dish)
cheddar cheese (reduced fat)
broccoli
red pepper flakes
parsley flakes
pepper
salt
almond milk (unsweetened)

I baked the chicken breasts earlier so I just heated up what I needed for dinner.    I also roasted a spaghetti squash.  Not sure how to cook spaghetti squash?  You can read how here.  
Once spaghetti squash is done take a fork and scrape the 'spaghetti' out of the shell and put into a big bowl.  Add the cheese, milk, and seasonings.  Then mix in your broccoli.  (Add cubed chicken if you're mixing that in)  I put everything in my pampered chef baker (without lid).  I sprinkled some cheese on top.  Then I popped the baker into the oven until everything seemed baked and the cheese was melted.  (half an hour or so)

If I was to make this again, I would try mixing in more cheese, butter, onion and some minced garlic.

You win some and you lose some.  But it's still fun to try cooking up new things.  This does need a redo so one day I might try to make it again and make it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment