July 2, 2013

Oreo Bomb Pie

The other day on Pinterest I came across a recipe for a delicious oreo cake.  I bought the stuff I needed for it yesterday at the grocery store.

You will need:

*Oreo Cookies (I used the Wegmans brand b/c personally I feel they are better....I wanted reduced fat but as usual they were sold out)
*Fat Free Cool whip  (you will feel less guilty....thawed)
*Fat Free Milk
*Chocolate syrup (optional)

I see that this dessert is called several different names.


I'm calling mine.....Oreo Bomb Pie.  Why not?  I figured 'pie' since I'm using a pie dish.  :)

First, you dip your cookies into milk.

Then lay cookies in your pie dish.

Cover with cool whip and repeat.  I got 2 layers.  If you use a cake pan you will get 3 layers.

Once it's covered in cool whip you will cover with foil and then place in the fridge and don't touch it until the next day.

This afternoon, I pulled it out of the fridge and put some crushed oreo cookies and chocolate syrup on top.

Cut a slice.....

And enjoy.....and yes you will go back for seconds.  It's THAT good.  :)  The cookies are nice and soft and it's just really tasty.  I love this!  The husband is going to love this for dessert tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment